This yummy recipe definitely isn't for the diet-conscious! Paula Dean would be so proud.
- 2 lbs. frozen hash browns, thawed or 6 potatoes, peeled, boiled, and diced
- 2 sticks butter or margarine (1 cup)
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (I prefer sharp)
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- salt and pepper, to taste (I usually leave out the salt since soup, cheese, and butter each contain plenty of salt).
- 2 cups cornflake crumbs
Place potatoes in 9x13 inch baking pan. Melt one stick butter and pour over potatoes. Mix together sour cream, cheese, soup, onion, salt, and pepper. Pour over potatoes.
Crush enough cornflakes to yield 2 cups crumbs and mix with one stick melted butter. Pour crumbs over second layer of cheese, soup, onion, and seasonings. Bake one hour in 350 degree F oven. Freezes well.
12 to 15
Source: My friend and NFB chapter president, Debbie, brought this to our picnic recently. I begged her for the recipe!
By Lelia Jo Cordell from Springfield, OH