Cherry Cranberry Bar Recipes
Cherries and cranberries blend together to create a delicious fruit bar. Add some nuts to the topping for an excellent upgrade. This page contains cherry cranberry bar recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
These streusel bars have the perfect balance of sweet and tart. They would be great as a quick breakfast or a dessert (maybe with a little ice cream). :)
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Yield: 12-24 bars
- 1 cup cherry preserves
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chilled stick butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
If you have a food processor, you can use that in place of the pastry blender and stick blender that I used.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt into a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add cubes of butter, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Use the pastry blender to combine until it is the texture of course meal. NOTE: You can use a food processor instead.
- Add milk and continue to mix with a pastry blender until small clumps form and all loose flour is mixed in.
- Remove 1 cup (firmly packed) and set aside for the streusel topping.
- Spray a 9 x 13 in. casserole pan with non-stick spray. I used coconut oil.
- Pour the dough into the pan and gently press it into the bottom of the pan. Pierce it all over with a fork.
- Bake crust for 20-22 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cherry preserves and dried cranberries. Using a stick blender, blend them into a chunky puree.
- Once the crust has cooled, pour cherry mixture onto the crust and spread evenly with a spoon.
- Add coconut and sliced almonds to the streusel dough (that was set aside). Combine with a fork.
- Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the cherry filling.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cherry filling is bubbly and the streusel is golden brown.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
These streusel bars have the perfect balance of sweet and tart. They would be great as a quick breakfast or a dessert (maybe with a little ice cream).
View the full recipe here:
Cranberry Cherry Bars
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.