Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipes

Category Chicken
There are so many recipes to choose from to make this popular sandwich. This page contains chicken salad sandwich recipes.

Great way to use up leftovers and they can be wrapped and stored in the fridge for the next day if you would like to make ahead.

*I happen to love sesame for this recipe but onion is yummy, too.

Directions:

Mix chicken, bacon, celery, onions, basil, garlic powder and mayonnaise in a bowl. Spread chicken mixture on bottom halves of bagels, top with cucumber slices and cover with top halves of bagels.

By Ann from Richland, WA

My husband and I have been doing mostly no-cook lunches and dinners in order to keep the house cooler this summer. I made this up in the kitchen yesterday wanting to turn an ordinary canned chicken and mayo sandwich dinner into something with a little pizazz. They are inexpensive and easy-to-make chicken salad sandwiches.

Directions:

Thoroughly drain juice from canned chicken. Mix in 1/4 cup mayonnaise, lemon pepper seasoning to taste, chopped onion, and boiled eggs. Spread on pieces of bread. Make 4 sandwiches.

While I personally like lemon pepper seasoning, my husband likes turmeric with this recipe.

I added a side of steamed vegetables.

Servings: 4
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
15 minutes to boil eggs Minutes Cooking Time
My husband and I have been doing mostly no-cook lunches and dinners in order to keep the house cooler this summer. I made this up in the kitchen yesterday wanting to turn an ordinary canned chicken and mayo sandwich dinner into something with a little pizazz.

By Barbara Pope from Pittsburg, KS

Homemade chicken salad is a good alternative to the usual sandwich fare. You can add your favorite ingredients and change it up next time. This is a guide about chicken salad sandwiches.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Pesto chicken salad sandwiches are a delicious twist on the classic chicken salad recipe. If you love pesto, this is the recipe for you.

Chop large pieces of chicken, if necessary. Add broken crackers and dried onion. Toss slightly. Add beaten eggs and blended celery.

Mix along with the water or broth until soupy. Bake at 375 degrees F for 1 1/2-2 hours, stirring twice during baking.

Rub chicken with basil on both sides and place in Zip bag. Refrigerate 2 hours. Place chicken, broth, and flavoring in medium skillet over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cover. Let chicken poach in steam for 10-15 minutes til cooked through but not dried out.

This may sound like an odd recipe request, but back when I lived in Minnesota, I used to get the Super Moms Chicken Salad and Ham Salad sandwiches from the SA Gas Station. I have been looking for years for a good recipe that is as good as these gas station sandwiches! Anyone know what I am talking about?

Carl from Phoenix

Answers

By Ann email atl100@charter.net (Guest Post)

What was in this recipe? I make chicken salad and
sometimes use pickles, celery along with mayonnaise. Also I have made this with chicken,
and used pineapple. I like both of these recipes.
Ann