Chicken Scratch Prayer Quilt

Complete quilt.Using checkered fabric, polyester fleece, and 2 colors of embroidery thread, I created a prayer quilt for my friend that will soon have major surgery. She has knit many prayer shawls for others in our church, but I believe she will be surprised to receive this "chicken scratch" embroidered quilt for herself.

I searched the internet for images of chicken scratch embroidery and also used counted cross stitch patterns as inspiration for the quilt. I created 9 completely symmetrical patterns so that the quilt has no top or bottom direction.

Embroidery of the 9 squares was done through 1 layer of fabric and 1 layer of fleece. A second layer of fabric was added as the quilt backing after the embroidery was completed. I then quilted through all layers around the border and in between the 9 squares.

Interlocking crosses block.

Star block.

Medallion block.

Hello, I wish I could see this image better; This is something blurry. I am learning Spanish embroidery and this image is cute.

Where can I get patterns for the chicken scratch quilt.?

The pictures are the only pattern I have. I have added six additional photos.

My friend kept the quilt rolled up behind her neck the entire time she was in the hospital. She later said she knew it had helped her to heal. After she got home she hung the quilt above her bed.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 157 Feedbacks

how beautiful! i send prayers for your friends swift recovery xxxx

Crafts Quilting IdeasApril 29, 2013
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Chicken-Scratch-Prayer-Quilt.html