Chicken Spinach Pasta Toss
Chicken, fresh spinach, pasta, and your choice of spices, and other additions, combine to make this delicious main dish. This is a page about chicken spinach pasta toss.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I found this recipe online and then doctored it up with lots of garlic, basil and seasonings. That's the way I like it! It is so yummy and a very easy recipe!
- 12 oz angel hair pasta
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts fillets
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves, trimmed, rolled and sliced thin
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 pt heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped basil for garnish
- shredded Parmesan cheese for topping each serving
- In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta al dente. Drain and reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook fillets thoroughly, 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into thin slices.
- In a second skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain; then chop.
- Pour off half the bacon fat from the skillet and add chopped fresh garlic, basil, tomatoes, 1/2 cup of pasta water, and the seasonings to taste.* Add chicken and bacon.
- The heat should be on medium-high, until bubbling then lower. Now add heavy cream and grated cheese. Stir in well. Let this simmer only a few minutes. Add baby spinach, then add pasta. Stir together.
- Garnish with chopped basil and shredded fresh Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy.
* I like to add a tablespoon of sugar, a tsp. of Italian seasoning, and a sprinkle more of garlic powder.