Chicken ala King Recipes

Do you have Chicken ala King recipes?

This Betty Crocker one is my fav! www.bettycrocker.com/.../2fd637ba-2c30-4db5-95d0-e57b4547251e

I leave out the pimentos (ick) and sometimes sub out toast for the rice. I like red and yellow peppers vs. green (but green are traditional). You can sub out a small of canned mushrooms for fresh, but I prefer fresh. Drain the canned ones well and pat them dry if you go that route. Oh, and I add garlic and onion powder to everything (just me--just a few shakes--not really measured). That is not in the recipe--just me :)

It is amazing over a thick Texas toast! YUM!! Comfort food on a cold day!!

This one from Allrecipes got outstanding reviews. www.allrecipes.com/.../

Boy - all of these sound good so it may be difficult to choose which one to try first.

My mother cooked on a wood stove most of my younger years and she used her oven more for cooking larger cuts of meat and the best biscuits anyone ever made! So I tend to like to cook dishes like this because they do so well on the stove top burners.

There does not seem to be many differences in the recipes so it seems you could just improvise with whatever you have on hand when the yearning for this type of dish come up.

I have even cooked this when I only had canned chicken breast and canned mushrooms and it turned out very well.
Instead of rice, I sometimes make toast points or biscuits and it is so good!

Here are a couple of variations but still basically the same.

www.allrecipes.com/.../?internalSource=similar_recipe_banner...

Food and Recipes Recipes PoultryJanuary 27, 2019
🌻
📓
🎂