Child Support and Social Security Disability

My son was disabled before the age of 19. He is now 45 and until last year, when I started drawing SS, he was getting SSI. He is now drawing disability from AD on my work record. He draws half of what I draw. It is about $100 more than he drew on SSI.


He is the noncustodial parent of a 12 year old. He was not required to pay child support out of his SSI check. I have always helped as much as I can with clothes, dance lessons, etc. He barely makes enough to get through the month. Will he now be required to pay support? If he was drawing SS disability off of his own record, I know he would. But he gets much less drawing off of mine.

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

August 10, 20170 found this helpful

This is a question for Social Security. You need to go in person. Call first and ask what documentation you need to bring.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
August 12, 20170 found this helpful

Only SS can answer that and they will need to see any court documents that order him to pay child support

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Business and Legal Legal Child SupportMarch 24, 2016
Halloween Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/10/09 00:50:23 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!