Chocolate Stains on Clothing

I have medium green color cotton slacks that have a chocolate stain on them. What is the best way to get it out? The cleaner I tried didn't do it. Thanks,

Carol from Boynton Beach, Florida

Answers:

Chocolate Stains on Clothing

Definitely use the DAWN. I just found a black shirt that I had washed and dried that had grease stains on it. I washed it again after spot treating with DAWN and it looks great! Always try DAWN on any type of food or oil spot. (08/25/2005)

By Ann

Chocolate Stains on Clothing

I got some chocolate on a pair of shorts. I put hot water in the sink with some detergent and about 1/2 cup of bleach. Took the stain right out.... (04/28/2007)

By Bette.

Chocolate Stains on Clothing

I just tried the "heavy cream" thing for taking out a stain of chocolate sauce on a brand new shirt of my daughter's-I only tried it because i didn't have any Dawn but for some strange reason i have heavy cream- and it worked!!! I really can't believe it--thank you so much for the tip!!! (05/03/2007)

By Staci

Chocolate Stains on Clothing

I had a pair of WHITE pants that I spelt a chocolate milkshake on. I used both the Dawn and heavy cream and it worked great. If the stain seems to spread out as you use the heavy cream add a little to the water in the washer. (05/30/2007)

By Amy

Chocolate Stains on Clothing

My daughter spilled chocolate syrup on a hand embroidery beaded shirt from India. I had not be able to attend to this chore for a week. So doing it a week later I seemed discouraged of the possibility of removing this stain. Rubbing the material vigorously to get rid of the stain was impossible as that would compromise the beads and the embroidery. So I used Shout stain remover wipe. It worked like a charm. I always carry a box in my car as well as keep one at home. I highly recommend it. (07/01/2007)

By Geeta

Chocolate Stains on Clothing

Use white vinegar then soak in the sun for a few hours then repeat the STAIN DISAPPEARS (07/20/2007)