Removing Crisco Stains from Clothing

Oily, greasy stains from shortenings such as Crisco need to be treated with products intended to remove such stains. One common solution is to treat the stain with Dawn dish soap and then wash. Air dry and repeat as needed. This is a guide about removing Crisco stains from clothing.

I'm 14 years and I was getting the Fry Daddy out for my mom and I didn't know there was Crisco in it. It spilt all over my clothes. They are my new clothes. We don't know what to do.

Shelby

Answers

Best Answer

Hi Shelby! I'm so sorry about your new clothes. I would take Dawn dishwashing liquid and squirt it all over the clothes covering the grease completely and rubbing it into the fabric. Let it sit a few minutes then launder it as usual. I have had great success getting all kinds of grease and oil out of clothes. If it doesn't all come out the first time, just do the same thing another time or 2. I sure hope this helps. Let me know :)

By Patty (Guest Post)

The above poster has it right! But in my opinion, the first Dawn (blue formula) is better for grease than the newer formulas. Do not dry your clothes if the grease is not completely out of them. Also, if not washable, your dry cleaner can remove it. Good Luck!

Try spraying with Resolve. My friend's husband came home with dried tile glue and assorted other stains all over his work clothes.

Instead of throwing them out she sprayed with Resolve let stand a little while then washed as usual and they look brand new again. Worth a try!

By Beckie (Guest Post)

Orrrrrr you can use the cleaner "Super Green" you can get this at Dollar Generals, and Family Dollar , same as above, let sit 5 minutes or so and wash, it will also probably take more than one washing. and also, dont leave it on overnight or for hours it will fade the spot, 5-10 minutes works wonders I havnt had a stain yet it hasnt made a difference on. One thot--- you may not want to dry your laundry every time in the dryer, hang them ---the dryer is the hardest on clothes and they will look worn before you get to wear them.