Christmas Dessert Trifle
I love making trifles for different occasions. You can make trifles with any flavored cake, pudding, fruits, cookies, and cool whip! It is fun and amazing what you can surprisingly make creatively and beautifully.
- 1 box white cake or Dunkin Hines confetti cake mix
- 3 boxes jello brand instant vanilla sugar free pudding mix
- food coloring (red & green)
- 3 tubs (8oz) cool whip (store brand)
- 1 pkg (16oz) fresh strawberries
- 1 pt fresh blueberries
- 2 cans sliced peaches in pear juice, drained
Save out about 8 large fresh whole strawberries for garnishing the top. And reserve about 8 slices of peaches for garnish also.
- Make 3 boxes of the vanilla pudding with skim milk and chill in the refrigerator.
- Mix as directed the cake mix, divide into 2 bowls evenly. Add enough red food coloring to desired color, and the the same with the green food coloring. Pour batter into 2 9 inch round cake pans. Cook and cool as directed.
- Prepare all the fruits you are going to be using. Quarter whole strawberries, and chop up pineapple pieces (even if you have to use frozen fruit). Save aside 8 whole strawberries and sliced peaches for garnish.
- Take out a glass very large bowl or a pedestal Trifle bowl.
- Now take the cooled cakes and on a cutting board, cube up very small cubes of cake.
- Line the bottom of bowl with a mix of red and green cubes cake. Then 1 container of vanilla pudding and spread gently over the cake. Then, use 1 - 8 oz tub of cool whip, spread evenly over the top. Then a layer of cut up strawberries and blueberries.
- Repeat cake, pudding, cool whip, then peaches and pineapple. Repeat once more, cake, pudding, cool whip, strawberries and blueberries, ending with cool whip
- With the back of a spoon, peak the cream for large beautiful peaks. Top with whole upside down strawberries and swirled peach slices.
- Put the dessert in the freezer until 6 hours before using it.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!