Almond Flour Chocolate Beet Cake
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts
September 2, 2021
This recipe doesn't use white flour while adding delicious beets to your dessert, but you'll never know it! A tasty dessert for kids or those watching their carbs but still needing a good dessert. Try it!
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 1 9" cake or 4 mini loaf pans
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 6 small cooked beets, peeled and pureed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 4 oz dark chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips)
- 4 Tbsp cold pressed virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 inch pan (I used 4 loaf pans instead)
- In a large mixing bowl (I used my blender first to beat the beets with eggs) beat the beets, 4 eggs, 4 Tbsp. honey, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder, 1 tsp. baking powder, and salt until thoroughly mixed.
- Fold in 1 1/3 cup almond flour.
- Melt the dark chocolate pieces in a double boiler or pyrex dish in another pan of water and add 4 Tbsp. olive oil once it melts and stir well.
- Add chocolate to flour mix until well combined.
- Add to pan (I used 4 tiny loaf pans but next time will just make it in one pan. Plus I'll add nuts!)
- Bake 35-40 or until toothpick comes out dry and place on wire rack to cool.
- Dust with Cocoa powder, powdered sugar or even frost if desired!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.