Christmas Gift Tag Ideas

Category Gift Tags
There are many clever, inexpensive ways to mark the recipients of your Christmas presents. This page contains Christmas gift tag ideas.

When I was a child, my mother would make special Christmas present name tags for me and my sisters. Using Christmas cards, we had received she would cut them out and decorate them using yarn, ribbon, lace, etc. Using a big needle, she would sew around the edges of each one, put a string on it and they were done!

Each year when we would unwrap the presents, we would give her the name tags and they would be used again the next year, sometimes needing yarn replacement as us kids were so excited to get into our presents. It was great because we came to just know automatically which ones were ours because some of the tags never changed, she still uses the one from my first Christmas to this day when I go to her house for the holidays.

It was a great and cheap way to label our gifts and it's something I will always remember as a special part of our families traditions. I have even started doing this with my daughter.

An ornament personalized with a paint pen makes a great add-on gift when used instead of a gift tag.

By Linda

Here's a tip to help your littlest ones on Christmas morning (and to confound your present peekers and up-and-coming handwriting analysts!):

Use character stickers to identify each child's presents from Santa! Use a different character sticker to denote each child's presents (Barbie for Lizzie, Elmo for Sam, etc.) Put one character sticker on the child's stocking so he or she knows which presents to look for. Each gift for that child is identified with that character's sticker.

For "sharing" gifts (DVD's, games, etc. to be enjoyed by all the kids), put on stickers of all the characters.

And once your kids are old enough to read, pick up some gift tags on your way to the office (ones that the kids haven't seen around the house). Ask a friend at work, on the train, etc., to write out a number of stickers in the children's names. (Do some "sharing" labels, too.) Then label the gifts, and the kids will be none the wiser.

Over the years, I've asked several co-workers to help out in this regard, and they've all gotten a good laugh out of it. Some who have gone on to greater things still ask if they can help with the Christmas labels!

By Bunky from Chicago, IL

Cutting down old Christmas cards into gift tags is a fun recycling project that supplies you with unique tags and saves money. This is a page about reusing Christmas cards as gift tags.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains adult coloring Christmas gift tags. Adult coloring is currently a popular pastime. Of course anyone can work on these intricately drawn tags.

This is a page about making Christmas tree gift tags from paint swatches. Paint chips or swatches that your have gathered for home improvement projects can find new life as craft materials.

This is a page about making a paint chip snowman gift tag. Leftover paint chips from your latest painting project can be reused for crafting rather than being put in the recycle bin.

This is a page about making a button and bow gift tag. Using homemade gift tags is like giving a second little gift.

Crafts Gifts Gift TagsDecember 19, 2013
🎂
📓
🌻