Cigarette Odor After Painting Walls Without Cleaning

I have an apartment rental where the previous renters were chain smokers. The walls were dripping with nicotine residue. My handyman completely repainted the entire apartment from floor to ceiling with two coats of semi-gloss in the kitchen and bathrooms and then he did two coats of egg shell paint in the rest of the apartment. He also painted the cottage cheese ceilings.

My problem is that he did not clean the walls before he started. He painted over the nicotine drenched walls. My question is will I ever get the horrible cigarette smoke smell out of this apartment? Would it do any good to wipe the walls with vinegar and water? All of the cabinets have been refinished; there is all new tile, blinds, and carpet.

By Joyce

An all-natural paint additive has been developed that converts any newly painted wall surface, into a perpetual air, purification system no electricity or filters required. The Air-ReNu, technology permanently maintains healthy indoor air quality and eliminates offensive pet or smoking odors. One treatment will last 10-12 years.

This product really works, we bought a home that had smokers, when we repainted and added the ionic paint additive to the paint, in about two days all smoking odor was gone. Vance Edwards

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsMay 15, 2013
🍀
💘