Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
This shrimp recipe is very flavorful and easy to make.
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 lb shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (1 medium lime)
- 3-4 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Defrost the shrimp if necessary, by running them under cold water for 7 minutes. Then peel and devein them. Remove the tails, if desired.
- In a large bowl, season the shrimp with cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tsp. olive oil to the pan, then add half of the shrimp. Cook them, without stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Turn the shrimp over and cook until completely opaque (about 1 minute). Transfer the shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Put the remaining uncooked shrimp into the pan with 2 tsp. olive oil. Cook them undisturbed for 2 minutes. Then add the garlic and continue cooking until they are opaque.
- Add the other shrimp back to the pan, mixing well with the garlic. Once they are well coated remove the pan from the heat.
- Place them into a serving bowl and squeeze the lime over them. Then add the cilantro and stir until well combined. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.