Cilantro Lime Shrimp Recipes
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
March 12, 2014
This shrimp recipe is very flavorful and easy to make.
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 lb shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (1 medium lime)
- 3-4 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Defrost the shrimp if necessary, by running them under cold water for 7 minutes. Then peel and devein them. Remove the tails, if desired.
- In a large bowl, season the shrimp with cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tsp. olive oil to the pan, then add half of the shrimp. Cook them, without stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Turn the shrimp over and cook until completely opaque (about 1 minute). Transfer the shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Put the remaining uncooked shrimp into the pan with 2 tsp. olive oil. Cook them undisturbed for 2 minutes. Then add the garlic and continue cooking until they are opaque.
- Add the other shrimp back to the pan, mixing well with the garlic. Once they are well coated remove the pan from the heat.
- Place them into a serving bowl and squeeze the lime over them. Then add the cilantro and stir until well combined. Enjoy!
This is a simple shrimp recipe that is great served on rice. Learn how easy it is to make this recipe with this short video.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.