Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Cream Sauce
Shrimp marinated in lime juice and taco seasoning are paired with cilantro avocado cream sauce for a cool, spicy taco filling.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These shrimp tacos have a zesty kick and are cooled down by a creamy avocado sauce. They're extremely easy to make, great for even the busiest days!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- juice of a lime
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 Poblano pepper, sliced
- small tortillas
- shredded cheese
- shredded lettuce
- Place shrimp in a bowl and mix in lime juice, taco seasoning, and a bit of salt and pepper. Set aside to marinate.
- In another bowl, mash avocado and add garlic powder. Mash in the sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Mix in half the fresh chopped cilantro. Save the rest for serving.
- Add a bit of oil to a pan over medium-high heat. Cook onions and pepper until soft and golden, about 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add shrimp to pan and cook about 2 minutes per side, until fully cooked. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper all over.
- Place shrimp and veggie mixture in tortillas, then add cheese, lettuce, avocado cream sauce, and whatever other fillings you desire. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.