Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Cream Sauce
These shrimp tacos have a zesty kick and are cooled down by a creamy avocado sauce. They're extremely easy to make, great for even the busiest days!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- juice of a lime
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 Poblano pepper, sliced
- small tortillas
- shredded cheese
- shredded lettuce
- Place shrimp in a bowl and mix in lime juice, taco seasoning, and a bit of salt and pepper. Set aside to marinate.
- In another bowl, mash avocado and add garlic powder. Mash in the sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Mix in half the fresh chopped cilantro. Save the rest for serving.
- Add a bit of oil to a pan over medium-high heat. Cook onions and pepper until soft and golden, about 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add shrimp to pan and cook about 2 minutes per side, until fully cooked. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper all over.
- Place shrimp and veggie mixture in tortillas, then add cheese, lettuce, avocado cream sauce, and whatever other fillings you desire. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.