DishesCleaning

Clean Serrated Knives With Brush

I use to think I wasn't getting my serrated knives clean enough. I would wash them with a dish cloth, very gently, trying not to snag my cloth on the serrations.

Now I use a dish brush with a squirt of detergent. I can rub as hard as I like, making sure the knife is clean. This works well with anything sharp, from slicer, dicer blades to hand held box graters, cheese slicers and lots more.

Especially great for those pesky mandolin blades! Thanks for posting.

I always have three new toothbrushes that I use in the kitchen. They're handy, don't take up a lot of room and I don't use them for anything else except what I intend them to be used for.

The red one is for cleaning serrated knives, the grater and the sharp blades in the food processor. The blue one is used for cleaning the edge of the stainless steel sink where it butts to the counter top and also the narrow strip of formica behind the faucet.

And I have a green one that I clean the fridge door rubber seal with. Believe it or not, gunk accumulates in there after a while.

Periodically I change the brushes for new ones but I always stick with the same three colors because each one has it's job to do.