Cleaning Burner Drip Pans

What is the best way to clean the aluminum drip pans on an electric stove? I am tried of scrubbing them and wanted to know if there was something you could spray on them and let them sit for a little while and then just wipe clean?

By Onesummer

Answers:

Cleaning Burner Drip Pans

I mix a paste of baking soda and dish detergent. Apply to drip pans, let set maybe 10-15 minutes. Scrub, rinse and dry. Then line with cheap aluminum foil. (01/29/2010)

By Keeper

Cleaning Burner Drip Pans

Buy some stainless steel ones and use Easy Off to clean them. (02/03/2010)

By Lilac

Cleaning Burner Drip Pans

As a property manager, I have suggested many times to line the burner pans with heavy duty foil. It really works to keep things cleaner. Once they are soiled, simply remove and replace. Good luck! (02/04/2010)

By Sandi/Poor But Proud

Anonymous

I used aluminum foil for a long time, but I'm not the only one who cooks. They dirty them to quickly and foil is expensive. Now, I'm stuck with having to clean them.

I was tired of keeping the drip pans looking nice too. I'd buy new ones but they were soon looking awful and starting to rust.

I found some black drip pans on Amazon and I love them. They have lasted a long time and still look good. They are porcelain so clean easly and no rust.

The owners of my apartment complex made me remove the aluminum foil on my burners saying that aluminum foil can catch on fire. ???? If that is true, why do we use it to wrap food in when we cook out?

📓
🌻
🐛