Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean

Category Appliances
One way to not have to spend hours cleaning the drip pans on your range is to keep them clean. This is a guide about keeping electric range drip pans clean.

Always buy two sets, because inevitably you or someone in the house will burn one of your covers! Keep the burned one on the stove as a reminder, when company comes over put a new one on! For some reason, the visible burned cover makes everyone aware, so you have less accidents.

By Syd

I'm trying to decide what's more practical (read as thrifty) for my stove drip pans. Should I buy more disposable aluminum ones or line the pans myself with foil? Opinions please.

Answers

Best Answer

I wash my drip pans myself. It's the thriftiest of all. I think lining the pans would foil would be the next cheapest.

Best Answer

At my grandparents' house, they line theirs with aluminum foil. It works out so that my grandmother does not have to wash them.

It depends which option weighs out better for you. Washing periodically to keep clean (water bill) vs. buying foil and changing it out after a couple of weeks.

How can you keep electric range drip pans clean? You can use turtle wax on gas range drip pans, will it work with electric drip pans? I want to keep them from staining.

By Deborah from Clay City, KY

Answers

Hi Deborah,
I usually just line mine with aluminum cooking foil. Just make sure you don't tear the foil when lining the pan. You just need to change the foil each time you clean the rest of the oven, or after cooking if there's spilling during the oven use.
Cheers, Wendy

Anonymous

I simply wipe them down or wash (if really mucked up) each time I do dishes after a meal and have never had any problems that way. It only takes a minute or two.

I know people who use aluminum foil and they just change it out every couple of weeks but, to me, cleaning them regularly is more economical and ecologically friendly than wasting foil.

I have lined mine with foil, keeps from having to replace them as often. Do not wax or anything else. You might find yourself with a nice big fire.

easy, i always clean my drip pan clean with baking soda and freshen it with pinesol, then i put tin foil on my drip pan so when i do need to clean it i just take the tin foil of my drip pan and clean it, so on and so on, nothing to it..