LaundryCleaning

Cleaning Dingy White Collar on Colored Sweater

Category Laundry

I have a hunter green sweater with an attached white collar. The collar is so dingy I hate to wear it even though the sweater looks nice. How do I get the white collar white again without damaging the color of the sweater?

By Jackie M.

If the collar is cotton, you can carefully dip it into a little bleach mixed with water, that you have a shallow container of some kind, then without laying the item down, hold the collar under running water to rinse the bleach out. My late mother taught me this when my girls were little and they would have colored dresses with white collars, and it worked every time.