Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel

Category Metal
If your stainless steel appliances, fixtures, and other items look as though they are trying out for the next episode of CSI, it is time to remove the evidence. This is a guide about cleaning fingerprints off stainless steel.

I got this idea when I took my sewing machine in to have a little tool up. The repairman told me he wiped it down with WD-40. I'd just brought a new stainless steel stove and couldn't get the fingerprints off of the doors after it was taken out of the box. So, why not?

I tried WD-40 and, boy o boy was I ever pleased. It took off all the fingerprints and water stains from washing it down. Thanks to Morgan, my sewing machine repair guy.

Source: The feather weight repairman from Scottsbluff, NE.

By Sally Graves from Crawford, NE

Can anyone help on how to clean fingerprints off of a stainless steal appliance?

By jan3637

Answers

Put some vegetable oil on a paper towel and wipe it down. It will gleam.