Cleaning Kitchen Utensils

Category Dishes
Some of our favorite, often used, kitchen utensils can be difficult to clean. This is a page about cleaning kitchen utensils.

Quite by accident, I realized that spatula handles come off. And when they do, omgosh! Now I am guessing this is not all food that gets trapped, but perhaps soap scum and/or?

Whatever it is, it's not healthy and should be cleaned about once a month. I clean mine out with a Q-tip and then soak it in bleach water. When it's clean, (see the one on the right), I put the handle back on.

Hope this helps!

Source: My kitchen mistake I am glad I made.

Whenever a recipe calls for cutting up marshmallows, (or anything sticky and sweet, such as dates, dried apricots, etc.), dip your kitchen shears in confectioners sugar between cuttings to keep them from sticking to the blades.

After using a garlic press, clean it out using your vegetable scrubber brush. Place the bristles on the part where the garlic comes out and push bristles into the holes several times while holding under running water.

When cleaning up the kitchen, I put all the silverware and cooking utensils in a jar or bowl with hot soapy water. By the time I'm ready to wash dishes, caked on gunk has softened and cleaning is easy. By Lynn

To easily clean stuck food out of the grooves of spatulas and slotted spoons, cut a small U shape piece out of the end of a drinking straw. It is the perfect width to fit the slots, the straight edges will scrape the food and it is flexible. By Jennifer Dark

Can't get the garlic bits out of your press? Run a chocolate kiss through it, then run under hot water. The chocolate pushes the garlic out, then the water melts the chocolate out. Clean press every time!

By Jessica Wipfler

Answers:

Cleaning Your Garlic Press

And waste a perfectly good chocolate kiss? I think not :-) How 'bout using a toothpick, and then eating the kiss? (07/06/2005)

By Claudia

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesOctober 3, 2012
📓
🐛
😷
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Kitchen-Utensils.html