Cleaning Your Garlic Press

After using a garlic press, clean it out using your vegetable scrubber brush. Place the bristles on the part where the garlic comes out and push bristles into the holes several times while holding under running water. Works best if you do this right after using the press before garlic skin dries and sticks to the press.

Source: While watching a friend struggle to help me clean up at my house one day after a dinner, I realized this tip might be useful here!

By slayergrrl from Austin, TX

I just put mine in the dishwasher.

To keep garlic from hardening in the press, because you're either going to use it repeatedly or you don't want to stop to clean it immediately, just put it in a glass of water.

For cleaning, an old toothbrush works well. Old toothbrushes have lots of uses in the kitchen.

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesJune 1, 2010
💘
🍀