Repairing a Fabric Steam Press

Category Appliances
Fabric Steam Press
Home appliances such as a fabric steam press can stop working after the warranty is expired. This leaves you in a quandary as to how to get it repaired or try to troubleshoot the repairs yourself. This is a guide about repairing a fabric steam press.

I have a steam press, but it is not producing any steam. It does not have a steam button on it, all there is, is the temperature dial. It does not have a manual as it was given to me. I do not know if it could be limescale and if it is how do I clean it?

Answers

Here is a link to the manual, which has a troubleshooting page: http://www.smar  ffiles/x-500.pdf

I'm not sure what model you have but I have not seen a manual for a Hinari - it is possible another make of steam press will be similar. I have an older Singer and my steam button is on the handle but it has to be on cotton (hot) for steam to work.

I cannot remove my water tank so I just run vinegar through it keep it clean and just use distilled water.

Have you been able to remove you water tank? If so, maybe a good cleaning would help. If you cannot locate a steam button then try the setting on high and see if that helps.

I do not know where you live but I found some Hinari steam presses for sale on eBay in the UK. Take a look at the listings and if any one of them looks similar to yours then go on the site and find the "ask seller a question" and send them a message and ask if they could look at the machine and maybe help you. Most sellers are nice and may be able to help you.

https://www.eba  SP240/1109912553

Does the plate have holes? Does it have a container to fill it with water? If yes, then it has steam but without a button. Otherwise, it's not a steam press. Just a press.

I have been given a home steam ironing press, but no instructions. It seems self explanatory, but I can't get any steam. Any ideas?

By JanetD

Answers

It requires a pinch or 1/8 tsp. of salt to make it steam.

Are you serious?

You might have sediment clogging it up. Take it to the sink and disassemble. Unscrew the small drainage valve on the side at the bottom and flush through with clean cold water.

My Simplicity Digital Press Model SSP400 will not get up to temperature to press anything. It keeps given me an error message. Does anyone know where I can get the item repaired or how to get parts? This 34" digital quick press pro is discontinued.

My Singer Magic Press cap-1 steam press was working in good order and suddenly the light and temperature went off, nothing happens. What can I do? I checked the connections and fuse.

The switch may be gone or the inner wiring corroded/burnt. You may have to get a new one.

How can one open/dismantle the steam press? Which screws and switches need to be removed and in what order?

Answers

I would start with Singer website online and download their user manual and instructions. You can find the site here: http://www.sing  agic-steam-press

Here is a link to a direct PDF file download from Singer: www.singerco.com/uploads/download/538_esp2-steam-press.pdf

There is also a video on YouTube that shows you how to repair your steam press. https://www.you  ch?v=KFBFCYiZqoM

I purchased an Elna Press Graffiti steam press about 2 yrs ago, it worked great. I can't imagine not having one since I discovered how handy they are. Well, last year (end of 2010) it just stopped powering on. I have been missing using it badly, a regular iron just isn't the same.

I replaced the plug because I thought it might be that but still no power. I unscrewed the casing and looked inside to see if I could notice any obvious sign of damage or whatever, but I really have no clue as to what each item should look like. Nothing I could visually see looked burnt out or anything, but I haven't tested anything else. I can possibly get a hold of a voltage tester thing, but need to know what I may need to check out. I wish I knew of a cheap repair center locally, but have no idea how to search/find a small appliance repair center. I thought maybe I could try a hand at it myself.

Any thoughts or ideas of what may be wrong with my machine?

Thanks.

By JcsMuffin

http://www.okse  m.com/geneve.htm

Let your fingers do the walking and start here it is in Nebraska but I Googled Elna press grafitti and got a bunch including your listing here, try it and ask questions. If you have the book it has a schematic in it of everything and where it is and some trouble shooting directions as well. Good luck.

Where can I purchase a new water reservoir for my steam press 2 by Singer?

By Cindy

My mega stem press iron has stopped heating half way through my ironing. I've turned it off and on again but it didn't heat up. Can the thermostat break? The lights are all coming on, but it does not heat. I am devastated cos it cost so much and I am totally converted to steam presses now. Please help someone. Any suggestions?

By lizk

My presser is locked shut and I am unable to open it. Could someone please tell me how I can open it? I am sure that something broke inside the knob where you lock and unlock it.

By SMW from Waukesha, WI

The heat will come on and heat up for all settings, but after the yellow light comes on a very little time passes until the power will shut down. This has happened on the lowest setting to the highest setting. By opening the presser and closing it again the cycle will start again.

By David

I have a Magic Steam Press 7, we changed out the circuit board. Now when opening it up to use it, you have to press down on the top left side to open it as it seems to be jamming up for some reason. Anyone have any solutions?

By Linda W

I am trying to repair a Singer Magic Steam Press 7. I have noticed that the on/off switch is not working right. The electricity is running through to make the light turn on, but the iron won't heat up. Where can I buy a replacement on/of switch (P/N 28408400) for a Singer Magic Steam Press 7 that I am trying to repair?

By R. V.

I have a Magic Steam Press 7 - great machine, but it has just started to leak boiling water from the press when you lift it. This can be nasty if you have your hands underneath. Any clues as to how I fix this please?

By Nigel from Betws y Coed, Wales

How do I open the Singer steam press to install a new water tank?

By Sandy from Arlington, TX

Where can I get a fabric steam press repaired?

Monica from Charleston, SC