Repairing a Singer Magic Steam Press

Singer Magic Steam PressMy Singer Magic Steam Press MSP7, which is many years old has suddenly stopped working from one day to the next. The on/off light comes on momentarily (for about half a second) when the unit is plugged in, the top plate is lifted, and the switch is thrown. Then there's an audible click and the light goes out. It no longer heats up.

Anyone out there have any idea what might be malfunctioning here or possibly what else I can do to test the unit? I have a PDF of the service manual and can easily get the cover off, but I don't want to do much poking around inside until I have a better idea of what I'm looking at and possibly looking for.

Any advice/input much appreciated!

By Rudi S.

34 More Questions

Does anybody have instructions or a manual in how to open up the ESP2 Magic Steam? I need to access the PCB and fix that as well as the metal plate (top). I opened a screw too far and the holder dropped.

Please help.

Answers

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts
Best Answer

You can find the manual on the Singer website. Here is the link - www.singerco.com/.../esp2-magic-steam-press. Otherwise, download the PDF file to your computer.

This is the link - www.singerco.com/uploads/download/538_esp2-steam-press.pdf. On YouTube they do have a video you can watch. www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFBFCYiZqoM

Answer this Question

I fixed some malfunctions and after finishing, I forgot how to arrange the wires for the power button (As it is shown in the picture). Please help me if there is a picture showing how to install. Thank you.

The wiring in a Singer Magic Steam Press.

Answers

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks
Best Answer

Wiring is a precise pattern that has to be exact or it could ruin the complete machine.
You may not find a wiring diagram in a manual but that is a good place to start looking.

www.manualslib.com/.../Singer-Msp7.html
www.manualslib.com/.../Singer-Msp7-3073722.html

You may be able to find someone that can help you find a wiring diagram on this site:
Join and ask your question.
sewing.patternreview.com/.../9343

Answer this Question

I have a Singer Magic Steam Press 7 and when it heats up it keeps tripping the fuses in the house. Anyone got any idea of why this is happening?

By caroline ely from Channel Islands

Answers

Heating units draw a lot of juice. When the item is drawing electricity & it keeps drawing & the circuit gets over-loaded, then it trips the breaker or fuse. That's why fuses are there, to keep it from frying the circuits.

You might try putting in a stronger breaker. Sometimes that will do it, but if it's an old house, you may need an electrician.

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 337 Feedbacks

See if it will work on a plugin that has absolutely nothing else drawing power, including lights or other appliances.

I am not sure exactly what this machine is, and your electtrical circuits might not have the same kind of standards as ours do here, but I suspect that this device should not overload a fuse all on its own. I trip a breaker/fuse if I try to make toast, have the coffee maker on, and run my microwave.

But we have found out that the TV , VCR, DVD player, and satelite receiver are also on that circuit, and they are in another room, as well as the fridge. Not a sensible wiring situation to have all those outlets on one fuse!! You may have a similar set up.

Thanks for your answer. Got it open and found that all the wiring was black and sooty and could not do anything about that as it had burnt and we dont have a repairer here. Discarded it now and bought another one.

House has brand new fuses and just re-wired.

On its own circuit, no power.

Answer this Question

Would anyone know where I can obtain a user manual for a Magic Steam Press model MSP7?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Manual for a Magic Steam Press Model MSP7 - steam press

Answer this Question

I have a Singer steam press table top presser. The dry iron does work, the steam does not. Any ideas how to fix that?

My Singer steam table heats up and the lights work, but it will not steam when I press the button. It worked fine and then sat for awhile. It has plenty of water.

Answers

You haven't told us if this is a Steam Press 4 or 7. I have found a fabric steam press manual from singer. It is a PDF file and you can download it here:

www.singerco.com/.../538_esp2-steam-press.pdf

If you have a digital steam press, please download the manual here:
www.singerco.com/.../e058cd869ea4344f6fd48e1f6643ab12ec9f412c...

Here is the manual for a Singer compact steam press CSP1.
www.manualslib.com/.../Singer-Compact-Steam-Press-Csp1.html

If these manuals dont help, please supply us with the exact make and model of your steam press.

You may have a problem with cleaning if you have not been using distilled water as regular tap water just sitting in a line can cause flow problems.
You can check out this site and either call or send an email for a Singer rep to contact you and help you with this.

www.singerco.com/support

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

You might have sediment clogging it up. Take it to the sink and disassemble. Unscrew the small drainage valve on the side at the bottom and flush through with clean cold water.

I need a new on and off switch. Where do we find them for a Singer Magic 7 press? We also need a water reservoir. We have a broken water reservoir and the switch is melted into the wires. We need to replace both things. Help fast please. I miss my press.

By Richard

Answers

I got the following from google. Singer Steam Press ESP2 like magic you will zip through the ironing.

Singer Magic Seven Steam Press,

Hello Richard, Just type in the above and they will ask you for the serial number and whatever other information they may need off the machine. They should have an address you can order the part from. They should also have the care instructions it came with when it was new or you can ask them to send you the booklet. A lot of site have to print for free. Good Luck
Marie

I have a singer magic press 4 with a broken off and on switch I need to replace it where do I go to get a replacement

Which resistor or fuse do I need to replace? Board #201762

By P. Groves

Answers

Off and on switch burned up.

Answer this Question

Suddenly the arm can not be pulled down during use or to lock. Can I repair this? It is a Singer MSP 2.

How can one open/dismantle the steam press? Which screws and switches need to be removed and in what order?

Answers

I would start with Singer website online and download their user manual and instructions. You can find the site here: www.singerco.com/.../esp2-magic-steam-press

Here is a link to a direct PDF file download from Singer: www.singerco.com/uploads/download/538_esp2-steam-press.pdf

There is also a video on YouTube that shows you how to repair your steam press. www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFBFCYiZqoM

Answer this Question

I'm trying to fit a new switch to my steam press, but I don't have a wiring layout. I would appreciate the wiring colour coding. I have it white to pin 2, blue to pin 1, red to pin 4, double blue to pin 5 which is connected to lamp and black to pin 6 on lamp.

The switch is turning on and the element is heating, but I smell smoke. Any help appreciated.

Answers

Have you tried to download the PDF manual for your steam press? You can start with the manual here:
www.manualslib.com/.../Singer-Msp7.html

Singer also has an excellent customer service center that is there to help you at all times. I would contact the customer help center at Singer. I am sure one of the Reps could send you a diagram on how to replace your switch.
www.singerco.com/support

Answer this Question

My Magic iron has no power to it even though the electric plug is good. Other items are fine and working on the same outlet. What can I do I love my Magic iron and would like to repair it. Do you know where I can get it repaired in the San Luis Obispo area?

Thank you.

I'm also trying to find info on repairing my Steam Press.

My steamer is not working and doesn't heat up very good. Is it worth having it repaired? I live in Westport Co Mayo. Where is the nearest repair place? Thank you.

By Finola

Load More
Home and Garden Repair AppliancesJanuary 28, 2013
🌻
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-a-Singer-Magic-Steam-Press-1.html