Repairing a Singer Magic Steam Press 7

Category Appliances
If you own a Singer steam press, you may choose to try to make repairs yourself rather than buying a new one. This is a guide about repairing a Singer Magic Steam Press 7.

My Singer Magic Steam Press MSP7, which is many years old has suddenly stopped working from one day to the next. The on/off light comes on momentarily (for about half a second) when the unit is plugged in, the top plate is lifted, and the switch is thrown. Then there's an audible click and the light goes out. It no longer heats up.

Anyone out there have any idea what might be malfunctioning here or possibly what else I can do to test the unit? I have a PDF of the service manual and can easily get the cover off, but I don't want to do much poking around inside until I have a better idea of what I'm looking at and possibly looking for.

Any advice/input much appreciated!

By Rudi S.

Answers

I don't have an answer, but I have the same problem.

My power comes on, on my elite digital steam press but it doesn't get hot I think a fuse is blown. Please walk me through what I should do

It is the board that faulty

we have the same thing wrong here ..is there a fuse and is the heat cover snapped on may be a wire off .....

I have a Singer Magic Steam Press 7 and when it heats up it keeps tripping the fuses in the house. Anyone got any idea of why this is happening?

By caroline ely from Channel Islands

Answers

Heating units draw a lot of juice. When the item is drawing electricity & it keeps drawing & the circuit gets over-loaded, then it trips the breaker or fuse. That's why fuses are there, to keep it from frying the circuits. You might try putting in a stronger breaker. Sometimes that will do it, but if it's an old house, you may need an electrician.

See if it will work on a plugin that has absolutely nothing else drawing power, including lights or other appliances.

I am not sure exactly what this machine is, and your electtrical circuits might not have the same kind of standards as ours do here, but I suspect that this device should not overload a fuse all on its own. I trip a breaker/fuse if I try to make toast, have the coffee maker on, and run my microwave. But we have found out that the TV , VCR, DVD player, and satelite receiver are also on that circuit, and they are in another room, as well as the fridge. Not a sensible wiring situation to have all those outlets on one fuse!! You may have a similar set up.

Thanks for your answer. Got it open and found that all the wiring was black and sooty and could not do anything about that as it had burnt and we dont have a repairer here. Discarded it now and bought another one.

House has brand new fuses and just re-wired.

On its own circuit, no power.

My Singer steam table heats up and the lights work, but it will not steam when I press the button. It worked fine and then sat for awhile. It has plenty of water.

Answers

You haven't told us if this is a Steam Press 4 or 7. I have found a fabric steam press manual from singer. It is a PDF file and you can download it here:
http://www.sing  -steam-press.pdf

If you have a digital steam press, please download the manual here:
http://www.sing  ab12ec9f412c.pdf

Here is the manual for a Singer compact steam press CSP1.

https://www.man  -Press-Csp1.html

If these manuals dont help, please supply us with the exact make and model of your steam press.

You may have a problem with cleaning if you have not been using distilled water as regular tap water just sitting in a line can cause flow problems.
You can check out this site and either call or send an email for a Singer rep to contact you and help you with this.

http://www.singerco.com/support

You might have sediment clogging it up. Take it to the sink and disassemble. Unscrew the small drainage valve on the side at the bottom and flush through with clean cold water.

I need a new on and off switch. Where do we find them for a Singer Magic 7 press? We also need a water reservoir. We have a broken water reservoir and the switch is melted into the wires. We need to replace both things. Help fast please. I miss my press.

By Richard

Answers

I got the following from google. Singer Steam Press ESP2 like magic you will zip through the ironing.

Singer Magic Seven Steam Press,

Hello Richard, Just type in the above and they will ask you for the serial number and whatever other information they may need off the machine. They should have an address you can order the part from. They should also have the care instructions it came with when it was new or you can ask them to send you the booklet. A lot of site have to print for free. Good Luck
Marie

I have a singer magic press 4 with a broken off and on switch I need to replace it where do I go to get a replacement

Which resistor or fuse do I need to replace? Board #201762

By P. Groves

Answers

Off and on switch burned up.

My singer magic steam press 7 on and off switch is burned out.
I have not been able to locate one any were on line.

Singer gave me number for 2 dealers neither one could help me with it.
Any suggestion? my email address is abd@att.net
Thank you

I'm trying to fit a new switch to my steam press, but I don't have a wiring layout. I would appreciate the wiring colour coding. I have it white to pin 2, blue to pin 1, red to pin 4, double blue to pin 5 which is connected to lamp and black to pin 6 on lamp. The switch is turning on and the element is heating, but I smell smoke. Any help appreciated.

Answers

Have you tried to download the PDF manual for your steam press? You can start with the manual here:
https://www.man  Singer-Msp7.html

Singer also has an excellent customer service center that is there to help you at all times. I would contact the customer help center at Singer. I am sure one of the Reps could send you a diagram on how to replace your switch.
http://www.singerco.com/support

My Magic iron has no power to it even though the electric plug is good. Other items are fine and working on the same outlet. What can I do I love my Magic iron and would like to repair it. Do you know where I can get it repaired in the San Luis Obispo area?
Thank you.

Answers

Magic steam iron repair:

1. Considering you have no power to the iron it more than likely is the electrical cable on the iron.
  2. In order to replace the electrical cable on the iron it must be first disassembled.
  3. This can be quite complicated if you've never done this before.
  4. I would suggest viewing this video to help you take your iron apart. https://www.you  ch?v=p8wpTTXyQCo
  5. Once you have disassembled the iron it is not so difficult to replace the cord on the iron.
  6. Normally there are 2 to 4 screws that hold the wires in place on the inside of the iron.
  7. These will need to be removed.
  8. When replacing the new cord on the iron make sure you follow the same wire color coding as the one you just took off.
  9. If not this can cause damage to the iron or cause an electrical short in your home.

I'm also trying to find info on repairing my Steam Press.

Answers

This would be difficult to tell you exactly how to do this because you haven't given us the brand name, make or model information. I can give you a general idea how to do this.

• You will need to buy a product that is safe for your steam iron to clean the reservoir.
  • Pour half the bottle in the reservoir and let it sit for 30 minutes to one hour.
  • Empty the reservoir by tilting the machine back and forth to loosen all the clog inside the machine.
  • Rinse the reservoir with distilled water and not tap water. You will need to rinse out the reservoir several times.
  • Fill the reservoir with only distilled water and try the press again and see if it is steaming or not.

My steamer is not working and doesn't heat up very good. Is it worth having it repaired? I live in Westport Co Mayo. Where is the nearest repair place? Thank you.

By Finola

Answers

What is the model and how much was it new? That may give me more insights.

If the repair costs half as much as it retails for, it may pay to buy new.

That said, if you are at all handy, you can do some troubleshooting and see if it is an easy fix. For example this site gives some helpful info www.singermachines.co.uk/.../

My go to is YouTube. The link for YouTube isn't working...I typed "singer magic steam press 7 repairs" into the search there and a variety of videos came up. Most seem pretty easy to follow once you find the exact model.

Hope this gives you helpful info.

Where can I have my presser repaired in the Washington, DC area?

By Willie D

Answers

Usually the manufacturer website will have a list of authorised repair centres posted, that would be the very best place to find a qualified repair tech for your press.

Another way to find a qualified repair tech is to look in your local Yellow Pages under the following headings: small appliance sales and repair; vacuum sales and repairs (these business usually do all sorts of small appliance repairs); finally, under sewing and vacuum sales and repairs.

If these business are doing repairs on your press usually they will place that info in the advert, for example: "Authorized Singer repairs".

You can also use your local CraigsList or services site to find repair techs and often there are reviews - however, be careful about using these sites as the info there can easily be manipulated to give false reviews, especially in large metro areas.

I've removed the water and the steam caps and the 2 screws, but the top cover won't come off. I have the repair manual for Singer Steam Press msp7. Thanks.

By Isabell

Answers

Check the manual - is the top cover supposed to come off or is the repair access through the bottom? Re-read the removal instructions - you may have missed one of those teeny-tiny little screws that are hard to see. Check to be sure of exactly how that cover is to be removed - it's easy to miss one step on these manuals because most are printed with tiny text, poor illustrations, and weird illustration placement - the pic you need may be on the previous or next page to the text, for example. LOL, ask me how I've learned this!

If it's through the top, look to see if there is a white crusting around the area where the top separates. You could have an accumulation of minerals (from the steam distilling the minerals and depositing a film around the rim). If you can see this white crusting, try brushing it loose by dipping a stiff plastic or natural bristle brush in straight vinegar and then briskly brushing the crusting.

If that doesn't get the top cover off you may need to call the toll-free number (listed in the front and back of both user guide and service manual) for advice.

I have a Magic Steam Press 7. It is completely dead. Please advise.

By Mary from Staten Island, NY

My steam press machine, model MSP7 S/N 79125437, was working fine then all of a sudden it just quit. No light is coming on. When you turn it on you can hear the relay click and that's it. Are parts still available for this model?

By Debbie N

I have a Singer Steam press and the lights come on, but it does not heat up.

By Liana S

When the on/off switch is placed in the "on" position it blows the residual circuit breaker on the main circuit board. Any help please?

By Des

I have replaced the on/off switch. The switch turns on and goes off, but it is not heating up.

By Larry from NJ

I have a Singer steam press 2011, model ESP2. Everything is working fine except it will not get hot, doesn't heat up.

We are in Streaky Bay, 8 hours from Adelaide, and we will have to order and repair it ourselves. Any help would be great.

Regards.

The team from Streaky Bay Foreshore Tourist Park

By Darren

Where can I buy a off/on switch for a Singer Magic Steam Press 7?

By Leroy

I have a Magic Steam Press 7, we changed out the circuit board. Now when opening it up to use it, you have to press down on the top left side to open it as it seems to be jamming up for some reason. Anyone have any solutions?

By Linda W

I am trying to repair a Singer Magic Steam Press 7. I have noticed that the on/off switch is not working right. The electricity is running through to make the light turn on, but the iron won't heat up. Where can I buy a replacement on/of switch (P/N 28408400) for a Singer Magic Steam Press 7 that I am trying to repair?

By R. V.

I have a Magic Steam Press 7 - great machine, but it has just started to leak boiling water from the press when you lift it. This can be nasty if you have your hands underneath. Any clues as to how I fix this please?

By Nigel Thomas from Betws y Coed, Wales

How do I open the Singer steam press to install a new water tank?

By Sandy from Arlington, TX

I need a thermostat for my Singer Magic Stream Press 7. The Model# is MSP7. Can someone help me find one?

Barbara

I'm repairing a Singer MSP 7 steam press and I lost the sequence of the cables connected to the red and yellow indicators. I hope someone can help me and tell me how they connected. Please?

By luis fernando from Durango, Mexico

How do I remove the mist adjustment knob so that I can split the cover?

Load More