Cleaning Pearl Jewelry

Category Jewelry
Natural pearls are somewhat delicate and need to be treated carefully when they are being cleaned. This is a guide about cleaning pearl jewelry.

Does anyone know how to clean a pearl and diamond ring? I know how to clean diamonds, but I don't know how to clean the pearl. I seem to have gotten something on it that feels a bit sticky. I just got the little beauty for Valentine's Day. Help!

Jana from NC

Best Answer

Pearls are soft, so you won't want anything abrasive. A drop of dish soap in water will do the trick. Be careful of jewelry cleaners; they may be too strong for the pearl and the setting too if it's not gold.

I was given 2 black pearl rings set in 18k gold. They are very old and filthy. How do I clean the gold without hurting the pearls?

Use a toothbrush and a very mild soap solution. Don't get the pearls wet