Making Large Pearl Tapioca

Category Cooking Tips
You can make a variation on the commonly seen small pearl tapioca pudding using the large pearl type, with some changes to preparation. This is a guide about making large pearl tapioca.

How do I cook tapioca large pearls for tapioca pudding? I have always used the minute tapioca. I would like to make the tapioca with the large pearls. Thank for your time and help.

smilingfaces88 from Spruce Grove

Answers

By suzin (Guest Post)

I used to make it, but have forgotten just how I did it. Think I used to soak it in the milk in the frig overnight, then cook it. Hope this will help you.

The Amish-Mennonite Tapioca Pudding on this website uses Baby pearl. I would think if you heated then soaked the larger overnight then made the recipe it would work.

Date: 02/10/2006 Topic: Recipes > Desserts

Ingredients

* 6 cups boiling water
* 1 cup baby pearl tapioca
* 1 package un -flavored gelatin
* 3/4 cup sugar
* dash salt
* 1 cup whipped cream
* fruit, if desired

Directions

Bring water to a boil. Add tapioca, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the balls are clear. Remove from heat and add gelatin and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Place in refrigerator overnight. Fold in whipped cream and fruit, if used. Serves 12 to 15.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Check the package. There will most likely be instructions and/or recipes there.

By Mary (Guest Post)

I found a recipe for Large Pearl Tapioca at The Amish Country Store site. Hope this helps. members.aol.com/.../tapioca.html