Cleaning Permanent Marker on a Microfiber Couch

Category Fabric
Although sometimes difficult to remove from upholstery, you may be able to get Sharpie off of your microfiber couch. This is a guide about cleaning permanent marker (Sharpie) on a microfiber couch.

I love the tips for cleaning regular ink and other stains off microfiber furniture, but my 2 year old got a hold of a Sharpie. Not a regular sharpie, an INDUSTRIAL cannot be removed Sharpie. Any suggestions for that?

Dish soap, Magic Eraser, alcohol, baby wipes, even Clorox wipes have done nothing. It is not on the cushion, it is on the arm of the sofa, so I can't even remove the cover to wash. Please help. I only had the sofa for a month before he marked his territory.

Eileen from Norton, MA

Answers

Best Answer

I had success using Oxy Clean to get Sharpie out of a sofa. It wasn't mircofiber, but it did work on whatever fabric it was.

By Mary, Crown Point, In (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I was with my son when he purchased his microfiber furniture. The salesman SHOWED us how to remove Sharpie on the sample.

He just used regular rubbing alcohol. He just poured it on the marks he made and it took it right out.

I found a permanent marker stain on my microfiber sofa. Any suggestions?

Answers

What to use to remove sharpie marker off swad fabric