Cleaning Tarnished Gold Jewelry?

What is the tip for tarnishing gold jewellery?

If it is tarnished, it isn't gold. Gold does not tarnish. Brass turns dark; as does copper. Silver gets a black coating - tarnish. You can get metal cleaners for those in most hardware stores. You can likely make some headway just with a soft cloth and lots of rubbing. I might try an old toothbrush and toothpaste on an piece of discolored jewellery that I was not sure what it was made of. This wouldn't hurt anything of value.

If it is tarnished, it isn't gold. Gold does not tarnish. Brass turns dark; as does copper. Silver gets a black coating - tarnish. You can get metal cleaners for those in most hardware stores.

You can likely make some headway just with a soft cloth and lots of rubbing. I might try an old toothbrush and toothpaste on an piece of discolored jewellery that I was not sure what it was made of. This wouldn't hurt anything of value.

Toothpaste works on most tarnished objects. I especially love the fact that it cleans & polishes my silver (real, not silver plated).

Gold can get dirty but it doesn't tarnish. Silver tarnishes though.

Home and Garden Cleaning JewelryJuly 22, 2012
📓
🐛
😷
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Tarnished-Gold-Jewelry.html