Cleaning Tiled Floors?

After cleaning my tiled floors with a steamer, I let them dry before walking on them. However they show shoe prints which I hate. What am I doing wrong?

By Marjorie

I've read that if this occurs, you should use a dry cloth and immediately wipe down the section of floor after you have just steamed it to prevent this .Or it could that the pads on your steamer are getting too dirty during the cleaning process and are spreading the dirt/dust/previous cleaning products etc. around the floor instead of removing them. If your floors are really dirty or may have a waxy build-up, it might be better to try mopping the floor first (yes, more work *sigh*), then steaming the floors to get them really clean.

After doing these additional steps, you should be able to steam-only in no time! Good luck! I'm planning on steaming all of my tile floors this weekend for the first time ever! But I plan on mopping them first to remove excess dirt and grime. But remember to never use a sponge mop, that just pushes dirt into the grout. Luckily for me, I decided to do dark grout with all my tile. HAPPY 4th of JULY!

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsFebruary 25, 2015
😎
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Tiled-Floors.html