Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Ever get one of your electric controls or your keyboards wet from an accidental spill? You can save it from short-circuiting by immediately disconnecting, turning upside down and shaking out whatever water (or other liquid) you can.
Once most of the water seems to be out, keep your device upside down and dry with a hair dryer until no more water droplets appear. I just did this with my TV remote - and it works! Whereas years ago I got coffee into a computer keyboard at work and had to play dumb and swap it for another one.
I washed my keyboard with soap and water and a brush, letting it dry well, of course, before using. This was recommended on a computer group and worked well for me. Some apparently even put keyboards in the dishwasher though I wasn't brave enough to do that.