Cleaning a Polymer Clay Extruder

Polymer Clay ExtruderI love polymer clay and extruding it like a little bitty cookie press. But I've never loved cleaning the "barrel" where the clay roll is loaded. No problem now! I just give a quick spray of Armour interior car cleaner to give the inside of the barrel a beautiful coating of "surfactant" or a "release agent".

When you've run the clay through, just take 1/2 paper towel, pull it through the extruder and any little bits of clay are caught. Now you clean the disc, of course, too. Then from extruding black clay - you're ready for white clay - and it won't be gray!

Source: I just made this up after I was told by another clay addict that she used the Armour product as a mold release.

By Barbara C. from Wickliffe, OH

Crafts SculptureSeptember 5, 2013
🎆
👔
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-a-Clay-Extruder.html