Cleaning a Grape Soda Stain on Carpet

Category Stains
This guide is about cleaning a grape soda stain on carpet. Food dye stains sometimes need creative solutions to be removed.

How do you take out a grape soda stain out of carpet?

By Monica from Campbellsport, WI

Answers

Best Answer

Try LA's Awesome cleaner. You can get it at Dollar General or the Dollar Tree. My husband came home with his pale yellow shirt covered in dried red gatorade. I diluted the Awesome cleaner 1:1 with water & sprayed it on the stain & it dissappered before I could even put it in the washing machine. I have also used it in my carpet cleaner to clean my carpets. Also works great on blood, & pet stains. It is a powerful little all purpose cleaner & it's acid free, bleach free, ammonia free. Good stuff, give it a try.

How do you get grape soda stains out of carpet? I tried Oxiclean, Tide, and carpet shampoo. Nothing is working!

Pamela from CA

Answers:

Grape Soda Stain on Carpet

Try Dry Cleaner. It's a spray can in the automotive section. Sometimes that works with hard stains. (05/22/2007)

By Trish

Grape Soda Stain on Carpet

I know when I had red Kool-aid on my carpet the carpet man came and showed me this trick. Take a white handkerchief or thin cloth and add vinegar, enough to dampen, but "not" drip. Place over spot and iron with medium hot iron. It really works. I imagine it acts like Easter egg dye needing the vinegar in it. It's worth a try even though you have added many other chemicals already. Good luck. (05/24/2007)

By Andjerm

Grape Soda Stain on Carpet

This sound crazy, but it has worked for me on a number of "impossible" stains. Slather on shaving cream, the old-fashioned white kind in an aerosol can, "not" a gel. You can usually buy a can for about a buck. Put a big glob on the stain and work it in really well with a scrub brush. Let it dry and then vacuum the area. You may have to repeat this a few times, but it may very well solve the problem! What do you have to lose? (05/26/2007)

By Becki in IN

Grape Soda Stain on Carpet

I read in a book that if you spill red wine on a carpet to pour white wine over it and it will clean it. Well, it works. So, since wine is made of grapes, maybe white wine over the grape juice would work. Good luck. (05/29/2007)

By Lois.

Grape Soda Stain on Carpet

Try Good Stuff. (05/21/2008)

By Echristybertagnolli