Red Gatorade Stains on Carpet?

How can I get red Gatorade stains out of beige carpet? The stain is about 2 years old and I've tried everything.

Melissa from Fairfax, VA

Answers

Best Answer

have you tried oxy clean? you get it wet and kinda make a paste let it sit a minute or so and wipe with a wet cloth.

By Jean from MS (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Get some Spot Shot - dark blue can with an orange top - you can find it at Wal Mart, Home Depot, etc.
Cost a little more than some cleaners, but I haven't found a stain yet that it wouldn't remove.

By rae (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I had a problem once with a red stain on a pale gray carpet and I got a product from a janitorial supply that you pour on the spot, put a white cloth over it and then press a steam iron to it. The steam draws the red coloring into the cloth.

By cbaker (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I spray peroxide on any red stains. So far so good.

Best Answer

I've tried the Oxiclean paste and it didn't work. I have done everything, vinegar, baking soda, tonic water, steam cleaner, ammonia, Windex, and anything else I could find. We have a rental house so I had to get this stain out before we were charged damages.

I found a website that said to place 2-4 cups of water and about 4 drops or squirts of Dawn dishwashing detergent over it (I used cold water, but I don't think it matters). I then placed a white towel over the stain and turned my iron on to "cotton". I placed my iron over it and waited about 30 seconds. I had to repeat it a few times. (My iron shut off after the 30 seconds to prevent burning so I just redid it.) I am "shocked" that after the stain of red Gatorade being there for 2 years, it came up. I have some more to do, but I just had to share.

Best Answer

My daughter spilled red Gatorade on my multi colored burbur carpet. Windex took it right out,blot it up good first then I used my steam cleaner did nothing,big ole red spot still there,then next morning took my Windex sprayed it thoroughly, you could see it just fading away,let the air get to it with Windex on.

Stain out!

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsSeptember 23, 2021
🌻
🎂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Red-Gatorade-Stains-on-Carpet-1.html