Cleaning a Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker

Category Appliances
Over time, coffee can leave ugly brown stains on your coffee maker, requiring regular thorough cleaning to keep it looking new. This is a guide about cleaning a Hamilton Beach coffee maker.

How do I clean my stained Hamilton Beach coffee maker?

Gene from Lake Wales, FL

Answers

By gene (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I use the tablets for cleaning dentures and it works great. I use ten tablets in a 12 cup machine and start the machine as if I was making a pot of coffee. After the water runs through, lert it set for app. 15 - 20 minutes and then dump the water out and rinse.

By Stephanie (Guest Post)
Best Answer

After a lot of research and trying everything everyone has said -- I finally tried a MR. CLEAN MAGIC ERASER and it works! And easier than any other method suggested.

I have a Brew Master 12 cup coffee machine by Hamilton Beach, it has a hazed plastic front so you can see the coffee level but through time it has been stained by coffee so now you can't see how much coffee is left in the machine. I have used comet, vinegar, baking soda, bleach but no luck.

I appreciate any feedback.

Enza

Answers:

How to remove coffee stains from coffee maker.

I have the same coffee pot and know exactly what you are talking about. I am a little puzzled however, because I did clean mine with baking soda. Maybe it is a difference in the approach? I let it soak for about 30 minutes in a solution of baking soda and vinegar. Then I poured that out. I then made a thick paste of baking soda and water. I "scoured" the plastic and entire bucket, paying particular attention to the "hard to get to places"...even using a toothpick there. It took some scrubbing but came out very clean. Try it again, maybe it will work this time? Hope so. (03/09/2005)

By Janean

Coffee Stains On A Hamilton Beach Brew Master Coffee Maker

There is a product on the market called Dip It which is made specifically for cleaning coffee pots. You put it in with water and brew it. I usually leave it plugged in for about a half hour and the pot looks as good as new. (03/09/2005)

By Babs

Dissolve denture cleaning tablets in hot water and run that through your coffee maker. Since your coffee maker is a 12-cup machine, I would probably try 4-6 tablets with the 12 cups of water, but fewer tablets might work. Also, I'd let your solution sit in the water reservoir about 30 minutes before you run it through. Finish with a 12-cup run through with just water to rinse. Denture tablets worked for me with tea stains in a plastic carafe when nothing else would. Good luck! (03/09/2005)

By Tori

As I read your post, I got to wondering whether the cleaner that you can buy in the grocery store for automatic drip coffee makers would work. I suppose you could put it through the brew cycle just as you would do with an automatic drip coffee maker. Or try to brew an entire pot using vinegar. That sometimes works to get the internal parts of coffee makers clean. I would try using the automatic drip coffee pot cleaner and use it on a weekly basis. Perhaps that would prevent the coffee stains from building up to such an extent. Hope this helps! (03/10/2005)

By Susan K. Beal

Back when I had a percolator, I used cream of tartar. Put about 1 TBSP. into the percolator with some water and let it perk. It really does a nice cleaning job as I remember. (05/04/2005)

By ThriftyFun

I have the same Hamilton Beach coffee pot and I clean the whole coffee pot including the heating elements with a Mr. Clean Magic Sponge and it worked excellently. It cleans it fast and easily and then wash with warm soapy water. (09/24/2005)

By Bethany

I have the brewstation as well. I tried Dip-it coffee cleaner with no luck. There is also a dip-it for stains I haven't used. Not sure I want to score the plastic pot with baking soda. I have yet to find a product that works. (12/05/2005)

By Rob

I use oxy clean on the basket let it sit and its clean wash good after and your good to go. However, I am still trying methods to get that bitter taste removed when I make a pot. Vinegar works somewhat. Someone said in emails to me that lemon juice worked and made the machine smell good but didn't affect flavor. (01/12/2006)

By Frugal Father (TM) AKA , Steve

I tried truer blue's denture cleaning tablet method and it worked well. I put enough water to cover the stain and a bit more and added one tablet of Efferdent per cup. I figure this is the safest method as Efferdent is made for cleaning items for the mouth. (01/12/2006)

By Rob.

Hello all! Having received the BrewStation as a gift for Christmas (after wanting one since they first appeared several years ago), the ease with which the reservoir stained was my only complaint, and I didn't know what in the world to do about it. But then I tried truerblue's denture tablets solution, and the results were outstanding to say the least!! I let the reservoir soak for 2 hours, and there were no stains left on the reservoir NOR the coffee basket either...it even cleaned that as well!! :) I used 12 cups of water and 8 generic denture tablets from Wal-Mart, and as I said, the results were awesome. I then rinsed the BrewStation 3 times at 12 cups each time. Thank you truerblue, what a lifesaver!! Perry Mason (01/28/2006)

By Leonard Baker

Cleaning a Hamilton Brewstation Coffee Maker

Best and easiest way is to use table salt and lime juice with a damp rag. I had almost given up with Soft Scrub, Vinegar and Baking Soda, Plastic Booster, Bam. As a last resort, I squirted lime juice (didn't have lemon) to dampen and dumped in the salt. The stuff started peeling off. I am thrilled as it was pretty bad. I won't let it go that long ever again. Good Luck!(04/19/2007)

By D. Kohler