Cleaning a Silver Bracelet

I have a silver bracelet with cubic zirconias that has tarnished. I polished it with Wright's Silver Cleaner, but it still looks dark-ish. More like a stainless steel than a silver color. I have used this cleaner before successfully, so I think the problem is due more to the bracelet than to the cleaner.

Any suggestions?

No hallmarks indicating the type of silver in the bracelet.

Thanks,
Holly

Answers:

Cleaning a Silver Bracelet

Turtle Wax car polish will fix it beautifully. Smear it all over the silver, let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe it off with a rag. The rag will be ruined. (01/04/2006)

By Marinelle Stone

Cleaning a Silver Bracelet

You can purchase a bottle of TaRnex liquid at your local Walgreens. I use it for most all of my silver and it works wonderfully. Pour a small amount in a glass cup or container and you may just want to do a small part of the bracelet say the end of it in a bit of the cleaner to make sure it doesn't harm it. I have never used it on zirconias. I would recommend you do it outside as the TaRnex does have an unsavory smell to it. Once the tarnish is gone I would recommend a good silver cream to clean it up. Good luck. cmc (01/05/2006)

By Connie

Cleaning a Silver Bracelet

Tarnex works great, but just be careful - it can ruin pearls and synthetic stones. Don't dip or soak the jewelry item (use a piece of cotton and wipe it on, then rinse.) I ruined a vintage art nouveau silver pin by leaving it too long in Tarnex. (01/12/2006)

By Claudia-MD

Cleaning a Silver Bracelet

A jewelry polishing cloth has two sides to it, one side to remove tarnish and one to polish and shine afterwards. You can find them at Wal-Mart and they are inexpensive. (01/13/2006)

By Debbie Dzurilla