BathroomCleaning

Cleaning an Onyx Sink

I have onyx sinks and tub walls. What homemade cleaners would be safe on these? Has anyone used this for a sufficient amount of time to ensure there is no long term damage? Thanks!

By Jen in Christ

http://american  re_cleaning.html
I have used Gel Gloss Cleaner/Polish on my sink and it works beautifully, but I have gotten in the habit of applying Mother's Carnuba Cleaner Wax (via Orbital Polishing buffer) about every 6 months. Very easy to polish with a cotton terry cloth., squeege and wipe with microfiber cloth after showering is the key to it looking good. :)

Onyx is stone, but some stone products like marble are soft and will not tolerate acidic cleaners. The white Windex cleaner is safe for marble and cleans very well. Most cleaners for marble would be safe for onyx. I have used GelGloss for vinyl formica products and it works well. I am unsure if it is safe for onyx. Might be worth a phone call to GelGloss.