Kitchen ToolsFood Tips

Cleaning and Refurbishing a Squeezo Strainer

I have an old Squeezo strainer that belonged to my grandfather, so it is old. I want to say more than 60 years. It is looking tarnished and worn and I would like to use and refurbish if possible, but I don't want to get sick if there is anything contaminating on the grinder or the strainer. I cleaned it with a steel wool pad, but still do not feel safe. It also can use some new fittings as they seem to be dried out and I've gotten leakage all over. Any suggestions? I see that a new one is well over $200 and as I am new to the canning world don't want to invest unless I know I'm going to use it regularly.

You will be using this in food and this can be an issue. You do not want to use certain cleaning products on this because like you said they can be dangerous for you in the end. There is one way that might work. You maybe able to clean this the same way people clean their silver that gets tarnished. There is a mixture you can use that requires you to boil a few things together on the stove and dip the strainer in there. But to find replacement parts this is another story and could be very hard to do.

There are a slew of YouTube videos on this piece! Who knew!!

www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Squeezo+strainer...

Maybe one of them can help you figure out the best way to clean and repair yours.

I think it is lovely that you want to honor your grandfather by using it. Safety first though! You and I sound alike in that respect.

Maybe if you have an old fashioned hardware store where you are they can help you find the right fittings.

Post back with an update! Hope you are able to get it in to shape!

You can ask any of your questions on their web site as they are very nice to work with and they have a good assortment of parts. They also have information about cleaning your Squeezo.

www.squeezostrainer.com/.../31826?1=1

Here is another location for parts.

homesteadhelpers.com/.../squeezo-genuine-parts

I would contact the company directly here. www.squeezostrainer.com/.../31826?1=1

Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsAugust 22, 2019
🎂
🌻
📓