Coconut Squash and Tofu Recipe
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 293 Posts
July 5, 2015
This is a super healthy and super yummy dinner. The coconut milk really makes it! Great way to use those squash from your garden. :)
Total Time: Under 2 hours
Source: Modified from a recipe in a cookbook
- 1 Package tofu, (14 oz) cut into small cubes
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil, for sautéing
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 eggplants, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 onion, minced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Can coconut milk (14 oz)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 4 tsp lime juice
- Braggs Amino Acids for seasoning, salt and pepper to taste
- Brown rice
- Cook your butternut squash in a splash of oil in your pot over medium/high heat for about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl when done.
- Cook your eggplant in a splash of oil in the same pot over medium/high heat for about 7 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the squash.
- Cook your onion in a splash of oil in the same pot over medium/high heat for about 7 minutes. Add your garlic and ginger and cook 30 seconds more.
- Add your coconut milk, broth, squash, eggplant and tofu to your pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Serve over a bed of buttered rice. Season with Bragg's, and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.