Coconut Squash and Tofu Recipe
Butternut squash, eggplant and tofu are combined with coconut milk and flavorful aromatics to make this delicious vegetarian meal. It's perfect served over rice.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a super healthy and super yummy dinner. The coconut milk really makes it! Great way to use those squash from your garden. :)
Total Time: Under 2 hours
Source: Modified from a recipe in a cookbook
- 1 Package tofu, (14 oz) cut into small cubes
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil, for sautéing
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 eggplants, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 onion, minced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Can coconut milk (14 oz)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 4 tsp lime juice
- Braggs Amino Acids for seasoning, salt and pepper to taste
- Brown rice
- Cook your butternut squash in a splash of oil in your pot over medium/high heat for about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl when done.
- Cook your eggplant in a splash of oil in the same pot over medium/high heat for about 7 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the squash.
- Cook your onion in a splash of oil in the same pot over medium/high heat for about 7 minutes. Add your garlic and ginger and cook 30 seconds more.
- Add your coconut milk, broth, squash, eggplant and tofu to your pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Serve over a bed of buttered rice. Season with Bragg's, and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.