Clothing StainsCleaning

Color Stains Out of Other Colored Clothes

I just washed all of my baby's clothes, two of which were gifts and some of these dresses are really expensive and beautiful ones. However, the color bled into all the others and they have turned bluish/reddish. Can anyone please suggest a way of getting them back to their original colors?

I did not have this problem before with her other colored clothes, just this lot (actually one of two bluish red outfits.) I am so upset, because some of these dresses she hasn't even worn. Please help.

Best Answer

Rit color remover will do the job for you. I always keep an extra box in the laundry room for when this might happen.

Best Answer

I use a product called Carbona Color Run Remover. It is expensive (less than $5), but worth every penny. Just follow the instructions. Some stores have it with the dye or you can always find it at JoAnn's Fabrics. I keep a box on hand at all times.

Thank you Phyllis! I had washed my son's khaki uniform pants with something red and it stained them pretty bad. I had tried re-washing twice with no luck and was sure that they were ruined. Then I read your post and I can not tell you how happy I was with the results of the Carbona. The stains are out and he will never know what happened. I will be sure to keep a box of this at home from now on.