Vote for this contest contender!
This delicious pie freezes well, if there are any leftovers! You can vary the vegetables used. You can use frozen, canned or fresh vegetables. I used ground turkey instead of beef, and added some seasonings because turkey is blander. I will write the recipe as I got it. I used pre-made pie crust to save time.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Source: More with Less Cookbook
- pastry for 2-crust pie
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups green beans, cooked and drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Sauté the beef and the onion.
- Add the seasonings.
- Add the green beans and the undiluted tomato soup.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with one pie crust.
- Fill the pie pan with the beef mixture.
- Add the top crust and seal the edges. Cut slits to vent.
- Bake 25 minutes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!