Making Colorful Children's Birthday Gift Wrap
Using a cute rubber stamp and then coloring in the shapes you can make really nice gift wrapping paper. This is a guide about making colorful children's birthday gift wrap
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Turn unprinted newsprint paper into gift wrap for your children's gifts. This is such a fun project, there is no right or wrong! The kids can even help to make their own gift wrap and use it to cover birthday gifts for their friends. You only need a few simple supplies, but the end result will definitely make any gift stand out. I am sure the birthday boy or birthday girl will be gobsmacked when they receive a gift covered in this gift wrap!
Total Time: 20 minutes, depending on the size of the paper used
Yield: one sheet of gift wrap
- unprinted newsprint paper
- Micia rubber stamp with children holding hands
- Micia Old Hand black dye ink pad
- Artline 210 Fineliner black pen
- colored felt-tip pens
- colored crayons
- Elmer's Poster Tack
- standard scissors
- Cut a strip of unprinted newsprint paper. Use a piece of Poster Tack on each corner of the strip and stick it to a flat working surface.
- Start by stamping images of the children holding hands onto the strip of newspaper print. Apply ink from the stamp pad onto the stamp and press the image onto the strip of newsprint paper. Repeat, stamping in a random manner, until there are images of children holding hands all over the newsprint paper.
- Use the colored felt-tip pens; Fineliner pen, and crayons to color the children's clothes and hair. You can color all the images in the same way, as in this example, or you can color each image using different colors. Use a blue crayon to add blue squiggles in between the stamped images.
- Use a green felt-tip pen to add mock grass below the children's feet.
- Use the Fineliner black pen to add some squiggly shapes and Z-shaped doodles in between the stamped images.
- Wrap the gift and voila!
In This Guide