Colorful Spring Bird Kids' Artwork
Although adults may enjoy making this fun project, it is tailored to children. Using crepe paper, chalk, and felt tip pens they can create one or more of these bright bits of art. This is a page about making a colorful spring bird kids' artwork
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is a cute craft for the kids, just in time for the spring season! Use crepe paper, colored chalk, and felt-tip pens to create a colorful artwork. This project can also be done with a group of children in an art class.
Total Time: 20 minutes, drying time excluded
Yield: one artwork
- printout of the provided artwork - click here to download
- orange and purple-blue thick crepe paper (use the non-bleeding type)
- one teaspoon of sugar dissolved in a bit of water
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- green, red, purple, pink, and yellow colored chalk
- red, purple, neon pink, yellow, neon green, green, and ultramarine felt-tip pens
- Giotto décor opaque metal pens: blue and gold
- standard scissors
- Cut small pieces from the orange crepe paper and glue them to the bird. Continue adding pieces of orange crepe paper until the bird - except the beak, feet, wing, and tail feathers - has been covered.
- Use pieces of purple-blue crepe paper to cover the wing and tail feathers.
- Dip a green colored chalk into the sugar water and use zig zag patterns to add grass all around the bird. The sugar water will prevent the chalk from smudging.
- Use red, purple, pink and yellow colored chalk to draw flowers. Dip each piece of chalk into the sugar water before drawing.
- Use the red, purple, neon pink and yellow felt-tip pens to add detail to the flowers. Then, color the bird's beak and feet with the yellow felt-tip pen.
- Use the neon green, green and ultramarine felt-tip pens to add more detail to the grass.
- Use the Giotto décor gold opaque metal pen to add detail to the wing and tail feathers. Finish it off by using the blue metal pen to add detail to the bird's body.