Composting Chicken Manure

Category Composting
Chicken manure and that of other animals such as horses and cows can be composted and used in the garden. You don't want to use the manure while it is fresh or "hot" as it can damage your plant's roots. This is a guide about composting chicken manure.

We have a small poultry pen at the back of the house and get so much chicken droppings every day. They can be a burden to you and your neighbors if you don't clean them up. So, what we do is gather the chicken manure and dump into a compost pit. My father takes care of the composting process and after some time, when they are ready to use it, it is being mixed into the soil for planting. The chicken waste wouldn't be a burden anymore, but instead it will even give you a cheaper way to improve and grow a much healthier garden plot.

I have a friend on another web site who has chickens for pets and has them in her house. She has come down with some awful allergies and headaches.

She has a rabbit and the chickens and some possums too in her house. I am wondering if it could be these animals who are giving her the allergies.

maybe, I'm not a medical expert but in my country we do not let our pets stay inside the house as they need a different environment.. also, cuddling those pets might have caused the allergies.. i don't really know but maybe it is contributory