Using Cow Manure in Your Garden

Category Fertilizer
Manure is a nearly perfect natural fertilizer that can be used throughout your garden. This is a page about using cow manure in your garden.

I buy steer manure blend at a discount store or home improvement store for less than a dollar to spread around by flower beds and lawn. I use those black weeping hoses for my watering system so the black manure compost makes my gardens look very neat and tidy. This compost is my fertilizer and mulch. It's good for the soil unlike chemical fertilizers. I also put about a cup of this steer manure in a large empty detergent bottle filled with water to water and feed my house plants.

By Linda

Note: This is an older post, so the price of the manure is not current.

For root vegetables like potatoes in new ground, you will sometimes get bugs that eat the root vegetables. Simple solution is cow manure, it kills them dead.

Always works like a charm on any new ground I break.

A few times over the years, I forgot to add the cow manure and I always lost a big percentage of my root vegs to the bugs. Taught me to never forget to add the cow manure first.

By Martha from Nova Scotia

If you're doing some gardening this spring planting season, check with your local dairy farmers for free cow manure. It's great fertilizer. Most farmers will allow you to come and take all you want. Till or plow it into your gardening soil well, when preparing your garden.

By Terri from NV

Home and Garden Gardening FertilizerJuly 18, 2017
😷
😎
🐛
🎆
🌻