Craft Ideas Using Tongue Depressors

Category Miscellaneous
Wider than a Popsicle stick, tongue depressors are an excellent crafting item for use in many projects. This is a guide about craft ideas using tongue depressors.

These ornaments are made from tongue depressors and are very easy to make.

For the snowman you need:

For the angel you need:

All you do is paint and glue. I used glitter glue to attach the small sequins but used hot glue for the rafia, felt, and ribbon.

By luv2craft from Normalville, PA

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Make these fun paper mache party favors, using recycled materials, for your child's birthday or any occasion. This is a guide about giraffe treat cup craft.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a tongue depressor trivet. Get out your crafting drill and a supply of tongue depressors and make a decorative and useful trivet.

I would like a suggestion for a Christmas favor for a nursing home tray item. We have the depressors, just need a fresh idea of how to decorate them so they can be placed on the dining table for the holidays.

Thanks,
Shirley in Wisconsin

Answers

Hi! Just a suggestion regarding the tongue depressor craft. Have you checked out this web site: About.com..........it's great. Just put in the search area, tongue depressor craft, you'll be sure to find something that you'll like.I also went into Google for you and found some others, just do the same type of search. Quite a few showed up but check out the About.com web site, I'm sure you'll be happy with it. :o)

By Sharon,Ky (Guest Post)

I recently went to a wedding where as a favor the Bride's Mother had made a Fan cut from Cardstock paper with the couple's photo and a quote.The handle was about the size of a tongue depressor,glued onto the back. You could use this idea and make your fan a Christmas tree or snowman shape and have a christmas greeting and staff photo on the front. Just an idea I thought I'd pass along.

By Michele (Guest Post)

You can piant them up to have them look like snowmen. I have a pic of one I did on a small paint stick but the same idea would work on a depressor.

If you would like the photo email me at:

ucmelaffn @ aol . com (take out spaces)

By rosi albi (Guest Post)

You can decorate them to make them look like a person with a little basket with a little treat in it. Like a candy or very small candies. Enjoy.""