Cream Cheese and Pepper Jelly Dip Recipes

Adding your favorite pepper jelly to cream cheese makes a delicious spread or dip. This page contains cream cheese and pepper jelly dip recipes.

I want to make the onion and pepper relish with cream cheese dip. Please let me know the ratio of cream cheese to the onion and pepper relish. Also, is it better to let is sit overnight?

By Pat from Lee, MA

Answers

Best Answer

I actually was looking for this recipe and in the process remembered what the recipe was!
1 8 oz. block cream cheese
1 jar red pepper jelly
1/2-3/4 c. of chopped pecans
3 or 4 chopped scallions

Soften cream cheese and spread in pie plate including up the sides evenly. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Spread with red pepper jelly.
Sprinkle with chopped scallions.

Serve with stiff crackers, tortilla chips, toasted ciabatta bread or pretzels for a tasty treat! The guests love this every single time and always ask for he recipe! You can always add more nuts and scallions to your specific taste buds!

Best Answer

My recipe is:
1 block cream cheese
2 C. shredded cheese (sharp cheddar or whatever)

12 strips pre cooked bacon (I buy already cooked) cut up or crumbled
1/2 jar red pepper jelly or jalapeno jelly
1/4 C. green onion or chives

Mix all together but reserve 1/2 bacon for topping. Bake at 400* for 15-20 minutes to heat and brown.

Serve with Frito Scoops or crackers. Awesome

I am looking for a recipe that used cream cheese, I believe. You pour green or red pepper jelly over it and serve it with crackers? Is that all I need to do? How much cream cheese do I use and do you get the whipped kind or the blocks?

I need a Wow! appetizer for the family Christmas get together and I am cooking challenged. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Mary Jo from St. Paul, MN

Answers:

Cream Cheese and Pepper Jelly Dip Recipe

For your family appetizer the cream cheese thing is really good and festive for Christmas. The other thing you could top the cream cheese with is a good strong dipping mustard. Or some horseradish sauce then on the very top a can of Underwood Devil Ham if you can get it in Blackpool, otherwise forget the ham.

Bon Appetit
Luanne (12/18/2006)

By Luanne

You use an 8 oz. block of cream cheese and pour the pepper jelly over cream cheese. Guests pick up cheese and jelly with small knife to put on cracker.

Another easy appetizer that you can make ahead:

Ham roll ups

Mix above ingredients. Spread on ham slices and roll into long rolls. Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate.
Slice to form pinwheels to serve. (I have frozen these and they are fine for later use)

Another easy appetizer:
Buy a jar of pepper and onion relish from Harry and David store. Mix about 1/3 jar with 8 oz. of cream cheese. (They have recipe printed out at the store, as it is very popular)

(12/18/2006)

By WIsgal

Take a brick of cream cheese, let it set out on the counter for a little while to soften. Low fat is OK.
Pour a jar of spicy jelly over it.
Put out some sturdy crackers and some spreading knives.
Let the guests enjoy.

If the crackers aren't sturdy and the cheese is rock hard, the crackers will break off in the cheese. (12/18/2006)

By cookwie

Take a cream cheese brick, whip it up a little (why pay for whipped cream cheese and butter, you are just paying for air when you can do it yourself), and ceremoniously dump the jelly over. No broken crackers and a yummy dip. (12/18/2006)

By Michawn

My friend just made one and she used a chipotle raspberry jam/jelly from Wal-Mart. It was delish. All she did was place a block of cream cheese on a glass platter and the chipotle raspberry jelly on top. She arranged crackers on the side and was done. Good luck. (12/18/2006)

By Andjerm

I do the same as the previous post, it helps with the broken crackers. You can also take an 8oz block of cream cheese, let it soften a bit, then take a 16oz jar of salsa and mix it together really well. You can adjust the salsa, don't use so much if you want it thicker and more if you like it on the thinner side. It's delicious with tortilla chips or corn chips. My family loves this year round, but it's an easy thing to take to gatherings, too. (12/18/2006)

By Angie

I tried a new one this week for Sunday brunch. It was gone in about 15 minutes. Everyone loved it. It is very simple:

Secure with a toothpick and bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until bacon is crispy. It is very good.
(12/18/2006)

By Phyllis

Cream Cheese and pineapple preserves

Take a block of cream cheese. Then take the pineapple preserves and mix with horseradish (add as much as you like) and mix. Then pour the pineapple preserves over the cream cheese and add crackers and serve. (12/19/2006)

By craftylady

Olive dip

I have a really easy recipe using cream cheese. Take 2 cartons 8 oz. of cream cheese, 2 teaspoons of olive juice, and cut up olives as many as you like. Roll together and make a ball. Put in fridge a couple hours or overnight. I make mine the night before and everybody loves it. (12/19/2006)

By Joy

This is so easy and has always been a huge hit.

Ingredients

Unroll crescent roll dough, using 2-4 or enough to completely encase the cheese ball and pinch seams securely.
Wrap the cheese, pinching seams. Smear the beaten egg over the ball and bake at 375 degrees F on a well sprayed (with no-stick) pan until golden brown. This takes about 15-20 minutes. Serve warm with or without crackers. Cheese ball is all oooey-gooey and wonderful. Merry Christmas. (12/20/2006)

By Margie

I know the one you're talking about. I'm looking for it also online because I asked someone for it twice and lost the recipe. Its not with cream cheese though. This is from memory now: 1 cup green onions chopped, 1/2 or 1 cup mayonnaise, 1 pkg. (2c) shredded cheese (any kind). Mix together and form into ring on plate. Then pour pepper jelly over it and eat it with crackers. Its delicious. Hope this is right. I made it wrong the last time with the recipe. I dumped the pepper jelly in the mix. Still was good though. Didn't throw any away and ate it all. (07/31/2007)

By Melanie

I found it. It needs all of the ingredients I posted a few days ago along with 2 cups of chopped pecans. The recipe calls for 1 cup mayo, but that's a little much. That was probably the white stuff you thought was cream cheese. It's delicious with hot pepper jelly on top. Enjoy. (08/03/2007)

By Melanie

I have made this for years and it is always a hit. You can purchase jalapeno jelly and mix 50/50 with any favorite flavored preserve, then pour it over the block of cream cheese. My favorite is to mix it with raspberry preserves. If you want to have it fast, just purchase Robert Rothschild Farm preserves. I like their hot pepper raspberry and their hot pepper peach preserves. Use your homemade preserves if you prefer. You can't go wrong. I have even taken a jar of preserves and added a little horseradish. When I find the Rothschild preserves I usually stock up, so I always have it on hand. (08/16/2007)

By Lana

I've done the cream cheese and pepper jelly appetizer for 2 years now. It's the easiest to do and a favorite among guests. I put softened cream cheese on a plate then pour on red pepper jelly. I use Braswell's all natural red pepper jelly.

Another simple appetizer with cream cheese is to pour "Pickapeppa Sauce" over softened cream cheese. It has a wonderful tang to it. (12/20/2007)

By P Bearden