Creamy Chicken and Broccoli
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
July 30, 2019
I made this tonight when I had lots of chicken and broccoli on hand and not much time to fuss. It was so creamy and delicious, and we were all happy to get some greens in. I served it on a bed of rice, but it's also excellent with any type of noodles. It's pretty versatile in the way that if you want it to have an Asian flavour, just add some soy sauce and sesame oil. Something Mexican? Add some taco seasoning. The possibilities with this one-pot dish are endless!
You can use chicken thighs for this, too. Cream of chicken soup works just as well. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 12 ounces chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 to 2 tsp mustard
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- lemon wedges for serving
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken pieces with some salt, pepper, and the paprika. Add to pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, until lightly browned on all sides.
- Remove chicken from pan, cover to keep warm. Add butter to the chicken juices left in pan.
- Add onions to pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until browned, then add garlic to pan.
- Add mustard and cream of mushroom soup to pan and stir well. Return chicken to pan, add broccoli, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.