Create a Work Club for Household Chores

contest winner icon
I am in the process of starting a "work club" in my location. I belonged to one where I used to live and miss it greatly.

Basically, you get a bunch of women together to work. You track hours, and say everyone goes and works at Susie's house for 4 hours-painting, or in the garden, or cleaning out the garage. Then the next time, everyone goes to Mary's house. You rotate it.

Basically, if you give them 4 hours, they owe you 4 hours. Of course, we made exceptions. We had one member who was in a wheelchair, but she could still help watch kids or prepare our lunch, and we had one lady who was in her 90's. We did more work for her, than she did for us, but she was a jewel, baked for us and paid us with her love. It was a joy to serve her.

This is a wonderful fun way to serve, save money, meet new lady friends and have some fellowship with them. We normally got together once a month, but during gardening season sometimes we would go from house to house every week. We might work in one garden on Saturday morning, then another one or two in the afternoon. My old group had 6 women in it. We were all either single, divorced or widowed, and we found that always someone in our group knew how to do about everything, saving us many service calls.

What an awesome idea, I want a work club!

What a stunningly brilliant idea. Sounds like it has many advantages for all concerned.

Proves also how mega multi talented women are. You go girl!

This makes me think of my precious late mother. She had many fond memories of such an arrangement that she had with 4 of her friends as a young wife. They all had "boy names," Billye, Robby, Marty, Freddie and Pat! They did the same thing, one day at each of their houses cleaning top to bottom. Thanks so much for sharing!

This is a great idea!! Thank you for sharing it!

love this!